Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Porto!!

Wow look at me posting all the time! lol it's only cuz my feet are so tired of walking, and I already finished one ebook. (Side note, ebooks are awesomeness. I just don't like how they cost so much....I guess I should just download some, but can you do that for iphone?)

The first word that comes to mind when I think of my afternoon in Porto, is charming. There is this old world look and feel, especially to the Ribeira area. I could easily spend hours watching the boats of tourists sail by, and then taking the trek up the hill to the wineries for tastings.

The path to the wineries was interesting - almost deserted, old cobble/brick roads, and a steep incline. You know you are on the right path when the roads themselves start to smell of wine =) My favorite part was actually coming down, because when I was walking up I didn't think to stop and look behind me. On the way down you get this lovely view of Porto city center and the river again. I looooove the river, definitely my favorite area right now. I am really kicking myself that I didn't budget more time here...

One of the best experiences I had today though, was the Cathedral. The organist was practicing, and it was amazing to have them echoing throughout....also, the inner courtyard was used to film some scenes in Harry Potter!! =D =D

More Porto tomorrow!

- S

2 comments: