Friday, June 24, 2011

Churros and Chocolate

Palace gardens, accordions, an egytian temple, Spanish guitars, churros, chocolate, gelato and shopping. Wow, Madrid!!!

Just...lovely. First off, the palace and it's gardens are lovely, shady, and full of dogs! The dogs, wow!!! They all look like purebreds, and many breeds I have only seen in pictures. They sure love their dogs here!! After running into various asian tour groups around the palace, I stopped to read for an hour in the palace gardens,lovely!! Afterwards, did you know there is an Egyptian temple in Madrid? With a reflecting pool and everything? It was quite amusing to see. And then...the shopping.

Wow, Madrid and the shopping!! If I didn't have to carry everything on my back for 9 more days...I would have ran into all those lovely lovely stores with the lovely lovely sale signs. Shows, jewelry, hats, bags, whatever you want they have them. Including these terribly annoying squeaker things - you put it in your mouth, and then you make this awful annoying high pitched squeaks.

In the Plaza del Sol, there are still remnants of the protest. Part of tent city stil exists, with protesters stubbornly camping out. Bur for the most part, the tourists hglave taken over the square. And in the evenings, wow!! The lights, the crowds, the excitement in the air. Definitely a fun place to be, but I would get tired of it after a bit, prefering peace and quiet and a good movie at home sometimes. However, in this bustling atmospurrs H and I had churros and chocolate!!!!! Om nom nom!!!!

The chocolate was incredibly rich, and even though I dislike dark chocolate, it was fantastic. The churros were to die for, but after 3 of them you start to feel the grease settle...but nothing some late night gelato can't cure =)

Oh yeah, I should mention one of the best parts of travelling with my friend H from home...we like to eat. =)

Midnight bus to Barcelona, more on my adventures later!!

- S

No comments:

Post a Comment