Monday, June 20, 2011

No Turning Back Now!

This it, I am in the airport, boarding in a hour. After two days of last minute purchases (and a new airport watch...) my backpack weighs 20lbs. At first it sounded so light, and then I put it on. Wow it was heavy!! Bleh. I am somewhat used to the weight now, but it definitely a good way to make sure I don't buy anything I don't need!!!

Waiting for the plane I notice two other backpackers, but everyone else checked huge luggage. Then there was the odd thing that my ticket and the tv screens all list a different gate number...but so far that seems to be the worst of it!

C was super helpful and found a Lonely Planet Western Europe Phrasebook at Chapters for me. Considering I made no effort to even dust off my French before heading to the airport, I think it will be worth the $13 investment. My friends in Europe already, such as J, have also been helpful in packing and figuring out what I needed to bring.

I called my

Right now I am definitely not feeling super confident, or confident at all. But my stmach is getting excited at the prospect of all the food!!!! My 20 mins of Porto research tells me the local speciality is tripe and wine...both of which I like =D

Goodbye Canada!! Portugal, here I come!!

2 comments:

  1. Update: Airplane food sucks. Stomach not thrilled.

    ReplyDelete
  2. On the note of airplane food: http://foodmathlife.blogspot.com/2009/09/in-flight-food_11.html

    ReplyDelete