Wednesday, June 22, 2011

No Green Vegetables...

Today was a more travel heavy day - after lazing in the hostel for a good chunk of the morning, I wandered around a garden in Porto before almost missing my flight to Madrid. Some final thoughts - wow, everyone in Porto is so friendly! Even at busy streets when I'm waiting at a crosswalk, locals will actually stop in the middle of heavy traffic so I can cross, despite the fact that I am perfectly happy to wait till the light turns green. *sigh*, why is Toronto so horrible?

For lunch I had some sort of tripe stew - it was tasty! One thing that is bothering me though, is that the lack of green vegetables =P I think I had a carrot piece today (might have been a sweet potato), and last night I had a homestyle codfish which was delicious of course. Half the time I really don't know what I'm munching on, but I get fed in large quantities.

As I was flying out of Porto, the greenery is lovely and there are lots of green valleys and trees. Then a while later I look down and wow, it looks like Alberta - flat, brown, land. I think I'm in Spain =P Eventually though we flew over these baby mountains (so cute!), and landed in Madrid. 34 degrees celsius, and soooo humid!! It makes me want to be on a beach all the time! My friend lives in this cute apartment in Madrid near the university, and we spent some time eating ice cream on the balcony, as I wonder how people manage to park/unpark in such tiny spots on the street. She also lives across from a pastry shop...=D

Tonight is giving my poor feet a rest, and spending an hour blowing up an air mattress. I shamelessly watched The Glee Project - and I'm totally hooked!!

While flying out of Porto I read through Ryanair's magazine and discovered that there is a festival in Barcelona this weekend - Festival of St. John. I'm excited, it sounds like people come out and just like to burn things on the street. I should have brought my notes =)

*Dreaming of Churros and chocolate*
- S

No comments:

Post a Comment