Sunday, June 19, 2011

On My Own...

Hmm, it's been a while since we last posted!! Well, needless to say, things have been busy, but I am now the proud owner of a very, very expensive degree.

Now that I'm done...I'm travelling!! Yes, very excited in theory, but to tell you the truth, terrified!!

I am scheduled for a 14 day trip to Europe, leaving tomorrow night. Toronto - Porto - Madrid - Barcelona - Madrid - Paris - Grenoble - Paris - Madrid - Porto - Toronto.

For much of it, I will be travelling on my own, while my friends are in school or at conferences in Madrid and Grenoble. Now, the issue is I'm not a very adventerous person, probably the complete opposite. I doing like going places by myself, I don't really talk to strangers, I get lost all the time, and I'm a tiny asian girl who probably looks bewildered most of the time. Heck, I don't remember the last time I went to a restaurant by myself. So this is a big step outside of my box...

Well, one challenge at a time right? To start..I'm going to bring a backpack, that's it. Since I'm used to bringing large suitcases everywhere I go, this will be interesting =P The clothes were the easy part...kinda. I spent a week finding a rain jacket...apparently places don't sell them under $60 very often, and if they do, then not in June. Ah well, that was kind of fun, planning/buying a minimal amount of clothing to bring, and switching things out for lighter fabrics for the summer weather. Also, the threat that I have to carry all my stuff with me all the time is a good way to convince myself that despite the fact that I like THIS sweater more, the other one is lighter and easier to carry on my back!

Anyways, I have to go out to buy a power adapter. Eeep, so it begins!

No comments:

Post a Comment