Thursday, September 10, 2009

Mixed Feelings

Coming back to Waterloo after a work term is an interesting thing. Being a nerd, I can't but be excited by the prospect of meeting new professors, buying overpriced textbooks, being run over by the ever increasing amounts of frosh, and diving back into a world of procastination and homework. The catch?


The work report. Starting a school term means starting the dreaded document - the university's attempt to force us to write coherently for four terms.


I said it before, and I will say it again - work reports are for students who don't have anything to do on their work terms. For busy students, it's way too tiring to attempt to finish the work report while working overtime for several weeks.


Ah well. Onto happier topics.


For the past few days, I've been getting a healthy dose of self-appreciation just by turning on the tv. It is extremely satisfying and thrilling to be watching tv, and see the commercial that you helped create come on tv. How cool is that? I can fondly remember taking the prototype into focus groups, looking at the hand sketched designs, the water color story board. I never would have envisioned my venture into mathematics and my curiosity about everything taking me into marketing, and being part of a major marketing campaign. Awesome. If you're not bored, check out the commercial here.


So as creepy as I find butterflies in real life, the ones made of money and clouds and doors, I like a lot. =)


Back to my work report.

No comments:

Post a Comment