Friday, January 15, 2010

Equations in my eyes

So...I know I'm not the most normal looking person on the planet, but I never realized I looked like such a nerd. *sigh*. At the very least, my very truthful and very blunt mother should have pointed it out to me at some point.

The story?

Salsa at the Flying Dog.

For anyone in the area who is interested, every Thursday night there are free salsa lessons at the Flying Dog in Waterloo. Last night I went with a couple friends ...it was fun! I haven't been in ages, so it was good to do a little bit.

The oddest salsa stories always come from the partners you get. We rotated every few minutes, and by the end of the night I had danced
with every single guy there.

The Culprit?

50+, short stocky guy with white hair, had an accent I couldn't place. After noting that I had done salsa before, he said, "Let me guess, University of Waterloo mathematics"

I was kind of surprised, but after realizing that it's a fair assumption for any asian girl you randomly meet in Waterloo, I say "Yup."

*couple of right turns later*

He asks, "Hmmm, advanced math? Or....maybe CS."
Me - really creeped out now - "Advanced...how did you guess?"
The answer? "You have equations in your eyes."

....I had a feeling that Real Analysis was going to ruin my life. Now not only does it haunt my dreams when I can't solve questions, but random people in a club see equations around me? Man...fml.

- S

4 comments:

  1. <3!

    lol

    but clearly i don't have equations in my eyes ...does that say somehting about me :S

    lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alternative explanation: he's seen you in class and he's creepy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahahaha. I didn't think it was Zorzitto...I mean, his name wasn't Frank =P

    ReplyDelete