Tuesday, July 5, 2011

9 hours and counting...

I've been terrible at updating - however, I am at the mercy of available Wifi, where Grenoble and Paris were seriously lacking in free wifi. Though I could have used an available computer, I spent most of my time enjoying the surroundings.

Right now, I am trying to pass away hour 9 at the Porto airport. I should have been home by now, but after getting to the airport at 8:30 am for a 11:35 flight, we were told we would be delayed until 16:45. Then at around 15:00, the departure time changed to 23:00 on all the info screens. I am not impressed. Part of the frustation is there is no one to get information from - there are 2 secured zones in the OPO airport. Once in the first zone, you are past the check-in counter, and they don't want to let you out of security. However, my departure gate is in the second zone, past passport control. Passport control won't let me past because the plane isn't here - so I can't get to the gate to ask any available sunwing staff about the delay. Frustrating.

I guess I can pass the time by blogging. I think my goal will be one blog per hour I am stuck in this bloody place. By the end of today, if we are not delayed again, I will have been in this airport for a whooping 15 hours - time that could have been spent in comfort back at the hostel, exploring the city, or anywhere but here.

Anyways. My last week was spent in Paris - Grenoble - Paris - Madrid - Porto. The recurring theme this week is definitely transportation problems...but that's enough for now. I will talk about delayed trains, lost railpasses, and night busses maybe in another hour.

- S

No comments:

Post a Comment